Had a cold the last couple of days, so didn't do any work on my PhD, as that would require being able to think, and my brain feels like it's made of cotton wool at the moment. Instead I sat down and fixed two bugs in vtwm that have become increasingly annoying.
Both of the bugs related to positioning of dialog boxes. GTK dialog boxen tended to open at 0,0 on the first virtual desktop and the tgif ones would have their virtual offset added twice. So after poking about with the source this afternoon, I've managed to hunt it down and at least fix the symptoms. I'm no X expert, so I have no idea if I've done the right thing, but it seems to not have broken anything else. The annoying thing is that vtwm seems to be a dead project (last time I submitted a patch I got no ACK, and I know of others who have done so too). Perhaps it's time to set up a sourceforge vtwm project.
Anyway, my head hurts, so I must return to my course of leeches. If you have been, then keep doing so.