Jiminy Crickets! I see it has been a while.
I posted a bunch of code for an md5 hashing utility on the front page. Hope that does not lead to a host of flames...
I think the thing is newsworthy, because a whole bunch of people either are or should be swapping out any SHA1 code they are using, pronto. I had to. Problem was, there was simply no code that I could work with out there.
I rant on this all the time, but I simply must harp on it again: some of that stuff does not work. People do something rather difficult, like the md5 hashing code and then just seem to run out of gas. They do not test/package/test and they seem unable to comprehend that other people's development environments may be different.
Now, on the topic of 'different environments', I am sure I will be flamed because I took all the 'endian' junk out of the md5 code. Sue me. 99.999% of all the machines that are likely to use my md5 utility/library code don't need that junk cluttering the code. It's easy to find elsewhere and slap back in if you need it. Meantime, with all the crap stripped out, this code stands a good chance of compiling without any tweaks on just about any box out there.
Anyway, as aggravating as this exercise was, it is nice to have something reasonably publishable from all the mountains of code I have written.
Oh -- BTW -- I am out of town for a while and may not even look at the web. Don't go nuts if you don't see a response from me.